Legal notices, property rights and data protection
Your personal data is handled in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the German BDSG as well as other legal requirements as the basis for a trusting business relationship with our partners, clients, customers and suppliers. We maintain the confidentiality of your personal data and guarantee their protection through technical and organizational security measures that comply with current security standards. The data protection declaration extends to the website www.white-ip.com and all of its subdomains.
Responsible for the data protection:
Name and contact details of the person responsible for processing:
white IP | Patent & Legal GmbH
Phone: +49 (0) 351 896 921 40
Fax: +49 (0) 351 896 921 49
(hereinafter referred to as “Company” or “we”)
We are currently not obliged to appoint a data protection officer. If you have any questions about your data, please contact our compliance department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Personal data” is all information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter “data subject”); A natural person is regarded as identifiable who can be identified directly or indirectly, in particular by means of assignment to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier (e.g. cookie) or one or more special features, which express the physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity of this natural person.
“Processing” is any process carried out with or without the help of automated processes or any such series of processes in connection with personal data such as the collection, recording, organization, ordering, storage, adaptation or modification, reading, querying, use, the Disclosure by transmission, distribution or any other form of provision, comparison or linking, restriction, deletion or destruction.
As “ Responsible “ is the natural or legal person, authority, institution or other body that alone or jointly with others decides on the purposes and means of processing personal data.
“Special categories of personal data” are data from which your racial and ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health or sex life emerge, as well as genetic data, biometric data for the unambiguous identification of a natural person.
Type of data
We process the following personal data:
- Personal information such as name, date of birth, documents to establish the customer’s identity (including a copy of your identity card or passport), contact details that you provide to us and all details about our business relationship, such as contract data, customer IDs, file numbers, customer number and bank details (IBAN, BIC, bank, account holder) and payment information.
- Data when you access our website, which is transmitted by your browser and automatically recorded by our server, such as the date and time of your visit, your IP address, data on the device with which you interact with the contact form (e.g. browser settings; browser settings) Type, operating system, device ID), name of the file accessed and the amount of data transmitted. Additional data is only recorded if you actively disclose it, e.g. with a request.
- Data that third parties make available to us in the context of contract initiation or fulfillment, such as data records from contractual partners, cooperation partners and suppliers, as well as other third parties.
- Special categories of personal data: In principle, we do not collect or process any special categories of personal data. Should it be necessary in individual cases to collect special categories of personal data or process them in any other way, we will always process them in accordance with the GDPR / the BDSG and the relevant national regulations.
Legal basis for the processing of your data
We only process your personal data if there is a legal basis for the GDPR or based on your consent:
- Consent: On the basis of your express and voluntary consent previously given. You have the right to revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future (Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. a), Art. 7 GDPR, possibly Art. 9 Para. 2 lit. a), Art. 7 GDPR)
- Fulfillment of a contract / pre-contractual measures: To initiate and implement your contractual relationship with the company (Art. 6 Paragraph 1 Clause 1 lit.b) GDPR)
- Safeguarding legitimate interests: To safeguard our legitimate interests, subject to the imperative that your interests do not outweigh your interests (Art. 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter f) GDPR).
We only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- You have given your express consent to this (Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. a) GDPR);
- the disclosure is necessary to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your personal data (Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. f) GDPR);
- in the event that there is a legal obligation for the transfer (Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. c) GDPR).
Purpose of data processing
We only process your personal data for specific purposes and only the personal data relevant to achieving this purpose (principle of data economy). We process personal data in particular for the following purposes:
- to fulfill the contract concluded with you and to manage our business relationship, including communication with you, as well as to process customer service-related questions and complaints, and to facilitate receivables management;
- to learn more about you as a customer, the products and services you have used, and other products and services that you may wish to use;
- for measures to improve our products and services and the technologies we use, including reviewing and updating our systems and processes, and for market research purposes to find out how we can improve our existing products and services or what other products and services we can offer;
- Marketing and advertising, e.g. to draw your attention to products and services that we believe may be of interest to you and to contact you to carry out marketing campaigns;
- to carry out measures to improve and develop services and products in order to be able to offer you a customer-specific approach with tailor-made offers and products;
- Purposes for which you have given us your prior consent, for example when subscribing to a newsletter;
- To exchange data with credit agencies (eg Schufa, Creditreform) to determine creditworthiness or payment default risks, in particular if the requirements of Section 31 BDSG are met;
- Assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- To ensure IT security and IT operations;
- Manage risks.
If we intend to process your personal data for a purpose other than that for which the personal data was collected, we will provide you with information about this other purpose and all other relevant information in accordance with this data protection information prior to further processing.
Deletion, retention period of your data
We ensure that all your personal data are deleted in accordance with the principle of data minimization and Art. 17 GDPR.
In accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, we only store your personal data for as long as is necessary for the respective purposes for which we process your personal data. If we process personal data for several purposes, they will be automatically deleted or blocked as soon as the last specific purpose has been fulfilled, if deletion does not conflict with any statutory, statutory or contractual retention periods.
The commercial and tax law periods for storage and documentation are up to ten years. In addition, the storage period is also based on the statutory limitation periods according to §§ 195 ff. BGB, which are up to 30 years, whereby the regular limitation period is 3 years. if the data are required to assert, exercise or defend against (civil) legal claims.
Under certain circumstances, your data must also be kept longer due to official or court orders.
Storage can also take place if this has been provided for by the European or national legislator in Union regulations, laws or other provisions to which the company is subject.
Technical and organizational measures to protect your data
We process your personal data in accordance with the security requirements of Art. 32 GDPR. For this purpose, we have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures that comply with recognized IT standards and are constantly checked. In this way, we ensure that your data is adequately protected against misuse or any other inadmissible data processing at all times.
Personal data that you transmit to us via our website is transmitted in encrypted form, we use the encryption technology Secure Socket Layers (SSL) for this.
Data transmission to third parties
01. We transfer your personal data to third parties for the purposes set out in this data protection information as well as within the framework of statutory information and reporting obligations.
This includes companies and institutions in the following categories:
- Tax advisor / accounting companies;
- Debt collection agencies and lawyers;
- Public bodies and institutions (e.g. social security agencies, supervisory authorities, etc.) if there is a corresponding obligation / authorization.
02. As part of the performance of our business relationship, we also transfer your personal data to subcontractors (processors) who support us in handling our business processes. They process your data according to our instructions “on behalf” on the basis of a so-called “contract for data processing on behalf” with us.
We use processors from the following categories:
- Distribution partner;
- Internet provider;
- (IT) service provider;
- Support center;
- IT provider;
- Tracking service provider;
- Print service provider;
- Archiving service provider;
- Credit bureaus;
- Credit institutions and payment service providers;
- Distribution partner.
03. Data transfer to non-EU member states
If data is processed in countries outside the EU or the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the company will ensure that your personal data is processed in accordance with European data protection standards. If the third country does not have an appropriate level of data protection recognized by the European Commission, we ensure that the recipient can demonstrate an appropriate level of data protection in accordance with Art. 44 ff . EU standard contractual clauses of the European Union with the recipient).
04. Data processing by GetResponse
Based on your consent , this website uses the provider GetResponse Sp. for sending newsletters. z o.o., with registered office in Gdansk, Poland, ul. Arkonska 6, A3, 80-387 Gdansk, website available at: https://www.getresponse.de (hereinafter “GetResponse“) pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR.
You can revoke your consent to this at any time with effect for the future.
GetResponse is a service provider for organizing and sending newsletters.
In doing so, GetResponse will store the data transmitted by you for the purpose of receiving the newsletter. The data will remain stored on the servers of GetResponse as well as on our servers for the duration of the existence of your consent and will only be deleted from both the servers of GetResponse and our servers after unsubscribing from the newsletter or otherwise revoking your consent.
GetResponse also uses the so-called Conversationtracking. This enables us to analyze user behavior in terms of how often the newsletter was opened or whether the newsletter content was opened and, for example, how often the newsletter was sent. a forwarding to linked websites has taken place.
For more information on how GetResponse works, click this link.
Individual data collections
Automated decision making
We do not use automated decision-making in accordance with Art. 22 GDPR. Should we use these procedures in individual cases, we will inform you about this separately within the framework of the statutory provisions.
Data collection on our website
01. Visit the website
Data categories: When you visit our website, data is automatically saved in the server statistics (so-called server log files), which your browser automatically transmits to us. This information is temporarily saved in a log file. The following information is recorded without any action on your part and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- Date and time of access;
- IP address of the accessing device or server;
- Inquiry details and destination address;
- Name of the file accessed and the amount of data transferred;
- Notification of whether the request was successful;
- Name of your internet service provider;
- Information about the browser type and version used;
- the operating system of the user.
For reasons of data protection law, the IP address is anonymized in the log files in which this data is contained.
Processing purpose: We process the data mentioned for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection to the website
- Ensuring comfortable use of our website
- Evaluation of system security and stability
- for administrative purposes
Legal basis for data processing: Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes listed above.
Deletion of your data : The log file information is stored anonymously by the provider for a short time for security reasons (e.g. to investigate acts of abuse) and deleted when it is no longer required.
02. Activities through the website
Data categories: If you register for an event via our website, subscribe to our newsletter or use our web contact form, you will be asked to provide us with some of your personal information.
In addition to the data collected when the website was accessed (see above), the data processed in this process are:
- First and Last Name;
- E-mail address;
- Date and time of registration.
Processing purpose: The processing of the personal data transmitted by you is necessary to process your request and to communicate with you, as well as to run our business.
Legal basis for data processing is your consent according to Art. 6 Para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a) GDPR.
- Inquiries: For the processing of the data, your consent is obtained in advance via opt-in and reference is made to this data protection declaration. By activating the checkbox and submitting the contact form or the request, you declare yourself in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a) GDPR, I agree to the transmission and storage of your personal data and the IP address.
- Newsletter: The double opt-in procedure is used for the newsletter, which means that after your registration we will send you an email to the specified email address containing a link for the final registration. Your confirmation ensures that you have also ordered the newsletter. Only when you confirm the link in the e-mail will your data for sending the newsletter be saved for the duration of the use of our newsletter offer.
- Events: If you register for an event using our event form, we will collect, store and process your personal data for the organization and implementation of the event. To do this, you declare your consent by submitting your registration.
- Inquiries: We only save your data to process your request. Your data will be deleted after it has been processed, at the latest after four weeks, unless the request results in new processing purposes (e.g. a contractual relationship) with other statutory retention periods.
- Newsletter: If you do not confirm the registration for the newsletter using the double opt-in procedure, your data will be deleted after 48 hours.
- Events: Your data will be deleted no later than 30 days after your visit.
You can unsubscribe at any time using the links to unsubscribe from the newsletter contained in our communications. The data you provide will be deleted.
03. First party cookies
01. Functional cookies
Cookies are small text files that your browser automatically creates and that are stored on your device (PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.) when you visit our website. First party cookies are cookies that are set directly by our website.
Data categories : Our website uses so-called session cookies.
The use of session cookies, ie cookies that are technically necessary for our internet services (functional cookies), serves to make the use of our offer more pleasant for you. Session cookies store data on visiting the website and thus increase its user-friendliness: If you visit our site again, your entries and settings from the first visit are automatically applied so that you do not have to enter them again.
Language settings are saved and transmitted in the cookies.
Processing purpose: The purpose of using technically necessary cookies is to simplify the use of websites for users.
Legal basis for data processing: The data processed by session cookies are required for the purposes mentioned to safeguard our legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f) GDPR required, namely to provide our services in a form that enables a user-friendly perception of the online offer. Saving log files serves the integrity and security of the website.
Duration of storage: The session cookies are temporary cookies and are automatically deleted when you close the browser.
Opposition and removal option (opt-out):
If cookies are deactivated for our website, it is possible that not all functions of the website can be used to their full extent.
If you use our website with several devices, you must object to the use of each device.
02. Google Analytics
For the purpose of customer-oriented advertising, we create pseudonymized user profiles using Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google USA. Google Analytics and Google Analytics 360 are operated by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereinafter “Google USA”). First party cookies are used to perform the service.
Data categories: The following categories of data are collected by Google Analytics:
- the anonymized IP address of the calling system of the user;
- the website accessed;
- the website from which the user came to the accessed website (referrer);
- the sub-pages that are accessed from the accessed website;
- the length of time spent on the website;
- the frequency with which the website is accessed;
- Time of the server request;
- Orders incl. of sales and products ordered;
- the achievement of “website goals” (e.g. contact inquiries and newsletter registrations);
- the user behavior on the pages (e.g. clicks, scrolling behavior and length of stay).
This information generated by cookies about your use of this website may be transmitted to Google servers located in the USA or Google may receive access to data from the USA. We have activated IP anonymization on this website (“anonymizeIP”) so that your IP address is shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. In exceptional cases, the full IP address will be sent to a Google server and shortened there.
Google USA has committed itself to complying with the Privacy Shield Agreement between the EU and the USA published by the US Department of Commerce on the collection, use and storage of personal data from the member states of the EU. Google Analytics and Google Analytics 360 are ISO 27001 certified. When you visit our website, the user is informed about the use of Google Analytics and his consent to the processing of the personal data used in this context is obtained. In this context, there is also a reference to this data protection information.
We have concluded an order processing contract with Google USA, which obliges Google to handle your data in accordance with data protection regulations.
The above-mentioned analytics data are collected on the pages of our website, but are not linked to personal information, so that this information cannot be used to identify you personally. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. The user behavior is only evaluated after the anonymization described above.
Processing purpose: Optimization of our respective web offer through personalization / individualization of the offer as well as recognition and attribute assignment of the users in advertising-financed offers.
Legal basis for data processing : The legal basis is based on your consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a) GDPR, which we obtain from you via opt-in before using the website.
Google Analytics stores cookies in your web browser for a period of two years since your last visit. These cookies contain a randomly generated user ID with which you can be recognized on future website visits.
The recorded data is saved together with the randomly generated user ID, which enables pseudonymous user profiles to be evaluated. This user-related data is automatically deleted after XXX months. Other data are stored indefinitely in aggregated form.
For more information on Google’s privacy position in relation to its analytics service, see http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
03. Third party cookies
Data subject rights and your right to complain to the supervisory authority
As a person affected by the processing of your personal data, you can assert the following rights with us according to the GDPR and the BDSG (“rights of data subjects”):
01. Right to information in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR: You have the right to request information about your stored personal data, in particular about
- the purposes of the processing;
- the data categories
- the recipients to whom your data will be transmitted, in particular recipients in third countries or international organizations;
- the planned storage period or, if not possible, the criteria for determining this period
- the existence of a right to correct or delete the data or to restrict processing or a right to object to this processing;
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- the origin of the data, if we did not collect it directly from you;
- the existence of automated decision-making including profiling, in particular meaningful information about the logic involved and the scope and intended effects of such processing for the data subject;
- the appropriate guarantees in accordance with Art. 46 GDPR when transferring your data to a third country or to an international organization.
The exceptions according to § 34 BDSG apply.
02. Right to correction acc. Art. 16 GDPR: You can request us to correct incorrect personal data concerning you without delay and, if necessary, to complete incomplete personal data.
03. Right to deletion acc. Art. 17 GDPR: You can request the deletion of your personal data from us, provided that the legal requirements are met. This can be the case when
- the personal data are no longer required for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- You revoke your consent, which is the basis for the data processing, and there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- You object to the processing of your personal data and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for processing, or you object to data processing for direct marketing purposes;
- the personal data has been processed unlawfully;
- the deletion of the data is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation under Union law or the law of the member states;
- the data relating to information society services offered pursuant to Art. 8 Para. 1 GDPR.
The exceptions of Art. 17 Para. 3 GDPR and the additions according to § 35 BDSG.
04. Right to restriction of processing acc. Art. 18 GDPR: You can request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, if
- You dispute the correctness of the personal data for as long as we need to check the correctness of the data;
- the processing is unlawful and you refuse the deletion of your personal data and instead request that its use be restricted;
- we no longer need your personal data, but you need them to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- You have lodged an objection to the processing, as long as it is not certain whether our legitimate reasons outweigh yours.
05. Right to data portability in accordance with. Art. 20 GDPR: At your request, we will provide you with the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format so that you can transfer it to another person in charge. However, you are only entitled to this right if the data processing is based on your consent or is necessary to carry out a contract and the processing is carried out using automated procedures.
06. Right of revocation according to Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR: You have the right to revoke your once given consent to us at any time. As a result, we will no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future.
07. Right to object in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR: If your personal data is based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f) GDPR are processed, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data if there are reasons for this that arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct mail, or against profiling, insofar as such direct mail is in Connection. In the event of an objection, we will no longer process your personal data, unless we can prove compelling legitimate reasons for processing that outweigh your interests or we need your personal data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
The exception of Section 37 BDSG applies to profiling.
If you would like to make use of your right of revocation or objection, an email to email@example.com is sufficient
08. You still have the right acc. Art. 77 GDPR to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work for this purpose.
We always respond to inquiries within one month of receipt. However, this period may be extended due to the specific rights of the data subject or the complexity of your request. In this case, we will inform you of the reasons for this within one month.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on the website is protected by copyright under German law. Insofar as the content on this page was not created by the provider of the website or a company of the white ip group, the rights of use and exploitation belong to the white ip group or a company of the white ip group.
The content of the website is only available for the user’s own, non-commercial purposes, provided that no copyright notices or other designations are removed and the content is not edited or changed in any other way. Any use of the content of the websites and services for commercial or public use requires the prior written consent of the white ip group.
The word “white ip” and the associated logos are registered trademarks at the European Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) or the German Patent and Trademark Office (DPMA).
Photo by © ktsdesign on stock.adobe.com
Photo by ©BillionPhotos on stock.adobe.com
Photo by ©shacil on stock.adobe.com
Photos / video by Envato Elements
The following information applies to all websites and subdomains of the white ip network (hereinafter: white ip).
By using the website, you declare that you agree to the following conditions.
As part of the use of our content, it is permitted to use the content and functions for your own purposes within the scope of this legal notice free of charge. Use is limited to the current state of the art.
The white ip group reserves the right to temporarily limit the input options and retrievability of the web content if this is necessary with regard to capacity limits, the security or integrity of the server or to carry out technical measures and this serves the proper or improved provision of the services (maintenance work ). The white ip group takes into account the legitimate interests of all users, in particular through advance information.
The white ip group reserves the right to block the website and its subdomains if you are legally obliged to do so or if they do not meet the standards of the white ip group, in particular contractual stipulations.
We do not guarantee the uninterrupted availability of our websites. The white ip group is not liable for damage caused by faults in lines, servers and other facilities that are beyond the control of the white ip group.
The content available on our website is created and checked in accordance with the standard of care that can be expected. We do not guarantee that the content is up-to-date, correct and / or complete, or that the content can be used individually.
The content of external websites that can be reached via links or that refer to this page is external content over which we have no influence and for which no guarantee is given.
We are liable for our content in accordance with the statutory provisions, subject to other regulations agreed in individual contracts.
The content available on the websites does not represent any legal or other advice or service. In particular, they are not a basis for making decisions about your individual legal or operational situation. For individual questions, you should contact the consultants of the white ip group or other consultants who are familiar with your situation.
Please do not send us any confidential information until you have been expressly mandated by us or have received confirmation that the requested services have been provided.